Monday, January 30, 2012

Reviewing my training regime

Training, that concept that allows one to actively move forward to being equipped with the right skill set to reach their goals. Or something along those lines. 
For this ride, something that I have had in the pipe dream for a few months now, you think I would be practicing like crazy? Maybe like Vladimir Horowitz I subscribe to the principle, "If I don't practice for a day, I know it. If I don't practice for two days, my wife knows it. If I don't 
practice for three days, the world knows it." 


The last month I have been training like crazy don't believe me? Below is an outline of my training schedule.

Week 1
3 x per-week weight training

4 x per-week fix gear riding for 1 1/2-2 hours 
with 145 HR ceiling

2 x per-week road ride on normal bike for 2-21/2 hours
with 145 HR ceiling, high pedal speed, 95+ rpms

Week 2
3 x per-week weight training

4 x per-week fix gear riding for 1 1/2-2 hours with
145 HR ceiling

2 x per-week road ride on normal bike for 2-3 hours with
145 HR ceiling, high pedal speed, 95+ rpms

Week 3
3 x per-week weight training
4 x per-week fix gear riding for 1 1/2-2 hours 
with 145 HR ceiling

2 x per-week road ride on normal bike for 3-31/2 hours 
with 145 HR ceiling, high pedal speed, 95+ rpms

Week 4
3 x per-week weight training

4 x per-week fix gear riding for 1 1/2-2 hours 
with 145 HR ceiling

2 x per-week road ride on normal bike for 3 1/2-4 hours 
with 145 HR ceiling, high pedal speed, 95+ rpms 
with 3 short flat sprints of 8 seconds each, full recovery between sprints. 



Actually that was Lance Armstrong '99 a month before le Tour. My training regime one month before tomorrow consisted of


Week 1- Walk around NY searching for cheapest dumplings, pizza and beer, sometimes with alcohol in system sometimes without. 


Week 2- Dodge the mines in the DMZ located between Canadian and US border (Fort Niagara). Snowboarding a few times, get used to feeling pain with bruised and battered coccyx and supposed cracked rib. 


Week 3- More altitude training (getting back off ass after falling, drinking and occasional hike). Columbia, MO Icebreaking (literally off Katy Trail) 


Week 4- Lug 3 bags around Los Angeles public transport, where it may take 3 days of walking/waiting for connecting bus or light rail. Learn and practice how to clip in on bicycle and get on bike ride for 3 hours (only valid form).


So there you have it my arduous and grueling training regime. going to set me up for my ride to Waco (160km) followed by the ride to Austin (180km). It will be my birthday on Thursday, if youre going to be there for it great: I ask for presents of ice packs for my sore coccyx



No comments:

Post a Comment