Monday, November 21, 2011

Introduction to TADU

G'day everybody,


Welcome to Tales of America Downunder, a website I created to share and collaborate experiences of this incredible country that is the United States of America. My name is Nick Porter, I am 21 years old, I originally hail from a rural area in Australia called Wangaratta (unofficially known as 'Wang') and am very happy and privileged to say at this very moment of writing this post, I am studying and traveling abroad at the University of Missouri.


I decided to create this as I have had many discussions with Americans and other nationalities as to how my country and I, perceive the USA. As mentioned in my ultimate goal of creating this website, I aim to share 'experiences in a definitively unique and hopefully intriguing medium'. This goal was devised with honesty as my experiences are definitively unique, I have a high 'discomfort threshold' (handy for traveling), however the level of intrigue is determined ultimately by you, I hope you enjoy it. 
Over my time here, there have been so many encounters (not an extra-terrestrial reference)  to share and give a personal perspective on my home, my culture and how this translates within the US.
I also somehow to incorporate others' perspectives into this blog, it will be speculative for the most part but further down the track I hope I can get others' direct input.


I am not an avid blogger and this sort of website has the tendency to be self indulgent, so please bear with me as I feel around for the right way to communicate proficiently experiences and not be a complete twat. I will happily take on any constructive criticism on board and I would love to hear inputs and experiences of others to get a more macro look on the travel within the US.    


There are so many positives I see in this country, yet so many negatives as you will find out. This is not the first time I have been to the US and it will not be the last, at the end of the day I love Mmmmerrrricccaa. Thanks for reading my 2 cents worth and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the two countries or anything for that matter. 


Cheers,


Nick Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment